Be Nice & Play Fair
These are our human-readable terms for use of this site.
- If you register and log in before commenting, you can add a pretty profile picture to display with all your conversations!
- Logging in also helps everyone verify real people from possible spammers and scammers (we use CAPTCHAs to filter out as many robots as possible, but it's only a precaution).
- But anyone is free to leave comments on the site, with or without registering or logging in.
- Tone and content
- We welcome any on-topic comments, constructive criticism, and dicsussion… of the non-ahole-ish variety, of course.
- All other comments will be removed as soon as possible. Feel free to let us know about any inappropriate comments we may have missed!
User created content
- Blog posts
- User-submitted articles are curated by the Whereapy team. We do this not to build an auro of exclusivity (anyone can submit!), but because we want the articles to be genuinely useful, and to match the ethos of the site as much as possible. If you're interested please let us know.
- Soon (at some point in the near future), we also plan to let users upload content to the free community resources section of the site.
- When that happens, we ask you to try to follow the guidelines, and not spam us. We - and everyone else - will thank you for it!
- All non-guideline-following resources will be pruned accordingly.
- See below for agreements and information for contributing or using user-submitted content.
You are free to use whereapy photos and designs in the "Free Download" section for use in printed matter, and on blogs. Websites and blogs must provide attribution via a link back to whereapy.com.
- Copyright, licensing, and fair use of site content
- All users submitting content to whereapy.com agree to the site's Creative Commons license, and that they have the right to post under this license.
- All content on whereapy.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
- This means you are free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix — to adapt the work
- and to make commercial use of the work (therapists can use our resources for their business)
- But only under the following conditions:
- Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).
- Share Alike — If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one.
- Notice — For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with our link to the Creative Commons license web page.
That said, fair use is a part of copyright law. Even for "all rights reserved" copyright, fair use is permitted. For details, see the United States' definition of fair use on their copyright site — For more information see the Creative Commons notes on Fair use.
- This means you are free:
We are not lawyers. We do our best to make sure any antique photos and illustrations in the downloads section fall within the public domain (for the United States). We only post and use images that we believe have entered the public domain, if you discover an image that is not within public domain please let us know, and we will take care of it.
- We may accept advertising and sponsorship income at some point in the future.
- Every ad or sponsorship will be clearly labeled as such and will have the HTML "no follow" attribute applied accordingly.
Whereapy will not sell, trade, or give away your email and contact info ever, for any reason, without your express permission.
- We appreciate you playing fair with us, and with each other. We promise to always do our best to play fair with you.